Girl Tattoos

Ever since women started getting tattoos there have been a debate over what are male tattoos and what are girl tattoos. While I’m not naive enough to think that I can resolve this debate to everyone’s satisfaction, I would like to make a few comments on girl tattoos in general. Many people consider anything that has a softer touch to it, to be a girl tattoo. These include the ever popular flower designs, birds, stars and butterflies. But, I have a real problem with this definition. You see, I have seen many of my male friends sport many of these same tattoo elements. Does it make them anymore masculine? No, so maybe we can move these out of the girl tattoo category. Another problem is that common tattoos that were popular among men, such as skulls, dragons and tigers are now being sported on women’s bodies. Does this make them girl tattoos? I really don’t think so. So, what can we consider a girl tattoo. Maybe like the image in the picture, we should consider lower back tattoos as being girly. I haven’t seen too many men with ink there. Well, hopefully that solves, to an extent, the whole debate. Or does it?
They put this tattoo into the category of girl tattoos but I can see where just about anybody might want to get a tattoo of flowers on a stem like this one. There’s certainly nothing wrong with it. And there is nothing wrong with being a guy and liking flowers. Not that I can see anyway.
This picture is kind of dark but we can still see that it appears to be a nice looking tattoo that goes up the right side of this girl’s back. A stem with pretty flowers spouting off it it as it goes. One almost expects to see a butterfly or two flying around the flowers, but you can’t always have everything.
I don’t really like calling any group of tattoos, girls tattoos because I’d like to think that every one looks at tattoos in their own way and makes up their mind to get one or not in their own way so breaking them off into girls tattoos and boys tattoos just does not seem like the right thing to do. I say just let it be everybody’s tattoos and we just leave it at that. Sounds like a deal to me.